Waiting, Waiting, Waiting.....it has to work this time right? I just kept praying that it would. On December 9th I went to my work's White Elephant Christmas Party, at my friend Molly's house, at least four girls from work had their little babies there and I just kept thinking oh please I want to be next!! I almost teared up thinking about it. I just kept praying and trusting.
December 11th....
So because testing early got me no where the month before I decided to wait to test til my body told me what was going on...yeah right, my friend Christi texted me asking if I had tested yet and it got me curious. I was on my way to watch my friend Elizabeth's little girl Presley so I stuck a test in my purse and went on my way. After hanging out with Presley for a little while I couldn't stand it anymore so I took the test. Two Pink Lines!! At first I didn't belive it and then I thought I was imagining it, but the lines just kept getting pinker! JOY!!! I wanted to tell Brady in person so I waited to tell him until I got home (I had to drive home in a snow storm really slow which was not fun). He was super surprised and excited, then he said Congratulations, and I thought it's your Congratulations too silly :-) Brady said Presley was my good luck charm, so I may need her around next time too :-)
Here is a pic...
I took two tests from two different brands to make sure :-)

December 12th...
My really close friends at work found out first, I am a really bad liar so I knew I wasn't going to be able to keep it from them if they asked. I sent them a text before work that night that said...I have been made to promise to not answer any questions....so try not to ask me any....they got the message :-) I figured I better tell them before they asked me in front of everyone and my face gave me away!
December 20th....
I went to see the nurse at Dr.Estrada's office to get my blood drawn and for them to ask me a few questions. They didn't call me to tell me I was crazy and not pregnant, so I figured all was good.
We decided to wait and tell our families until Christmas :-)
December 24th...
On Christmas Eve we were with Brady's family and we all went to Christmas Eve Service together. During the service I sang a song called A Baby Has Come with Brady, I loved the secret hidden meaning. It made me so happy and smily inside. After the service we went back to Brady's family's house to open presents. For Brady's mom we got her a picture frame that held pictures of all the grandkids and we saved a spot that said...Reserved for Baby 8 :-) When she opened it she got a huge smile on her face and turned to me and said are you pregnant?!? I said yes and everyone screamed and cheered!! It was perfect and I love them all. Here are pictures of the frame :-)

December 25th...
I called my family who was all together in Maine. I talked to my Mom first, she said she already knew :-) Mother's intuition I guess. My sisters were all with her and were super excited!! I talked to them all, Brooke was mad because we had talked about it earlier in the week and I hadn't told her even though I wanted too, because I thought it would be fun to tell her on Christmas since we couldn't be together.
Next, I called my Grammie, when I told her she screamed...I am going to be a Grandma!! She gets the award for being the most excited and screaming the loudest! I also called my MaMaw, she was excited and told me how proud of me she was. Later that night I had to go to work on Christmas, Boo!!
December 29th....
My First OB Appointment.
Nervous, Nervous, Nervous, I was so scared something would be wrong. Lots of Prayers nothing would be. I was all ready and then Brady decided he needed to change his clothes and he almost made us late, lol. I drove and I think I almost threw up and I really almost cried. I had already told Dr.Estrada the week after my positive test and she gave me a huge hug so I was just praying she would have good news for me today!! Please good news!! My heart was pounding. The nurse who took me back to my room was a girl who I had taken care of when she was in labor with her first child for several days and then had to have a C-Section, she just started talking to Brady and I and smiling and laughing and I was instantly not as nervous. Then Dr.Estrada came in with the sono machine. It took her a minute to find the baby with the ultrasound and I was thinking great I am crazy there is nothing in there, lol. Then there it was a perfect little baby with a perfect fluttering little heart beat....
I Love you Little Baby!!
I made sure that Brady saw the heartbeat too!! He did and he had a huge smile on his face!! Perfect moment! Dr.Estrada then said let's make sure there is only one ;-) Just one thank goodness! Next appointment would be in 4 weeks, but Dr.Estrada said she would look at the baby when we were at the hospital one night to make sure everything was still ok. I was going to hold her to that :-). I cannot even explain the Joy in my heart on this day!!
Here are the words to the song I sang on Christmas Eve...
The Kings of this World, Have torn it Apart
But we can take heart, A baby will come
To the hungry and meek, To those who greive
To the broken in need, A baby will come
We have known pain, We've felt death's sting
God help us believe, This baby will come
The Angel appeared, And said do not fear
For peace is here, A baby has come
The advent of life, Let hope arise
We've our Savior in Christ, A baby has come
We've waited so long, God for your Mighty Arm
May our Doubts ever calm, For the Baby Has Come
The proud will be low, And the humble will know
They're valued and loved, For the Baby Has Come
Cause the Kings of this world, Won't Have the last word
That God is yours, For the Baby Has Come
Merry Christmas!!
And a Perfect New Year!!


I have tried to space this two times and it wants to be like this so this is how it is staying :-)
ReplyDeleteTearing up out of pure joy for you...
ReplyDeleteI love the pregnancy test pictures! You are really learning your camera and doing a great job taking pics!
Love these updates :) Now in the next one you need a new belly pic... because I miss you :)
You made me cry! So happy for you :)
ReplyDeleteGlad to see I could persuade you to test "early"...waiting is so overrated! ;)
ReplyDelete